Gergei Erdei sole proprietor (seat: 8 Athelstane Grove, E3 5JG London, United Kingdom; tax identification no.: 4220596279; e-mail address: email@example.com; phone number: +44 77 618 11500; hereinafter referred to as: Sole Proprietor) hereby provides the following information regarding the “cookies” used on the Sole Proprietor’s following website: www.gergeierdei.com
This document is meant to explain the types of cookies and other tracking technologies that the Sole Proprietor may place on your device, when you are visiting my web properties.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit certain websites. I use a number of different cookies on my website, including strictly necessary, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
What cookies do I use and why?
Some cookies are necessary to allow you to browse my website, use its features, and access secure areas. The use of these cookies is essential for the website to work. For example, I use user-input cookies for the duration of a session to keep track of a user’s input when filling in forms that span several pages.
I also use functional cookies to remember choices you’ve made or information you’ve provided, such as your language, or the region you are in. This allows me to tailor your website experience specifically to your preferences. For example, authentication cookies are functional cookies that are used for the duration of a session (or persistent, if you agree to the “remember me” function) to allow users to authenticate themselves on subsequent visits or to gain access to authorized content across pages. The functional cookies I use include:
- User-centric security cookies to detect authentication abuses for a limited persistent duration. These cookies are set for the specific task of increasing the security of the service;
- Multimedia content player session cookies (flash cookies) are used for the duration of a session to store technical data needed to play back video or audio content (e.g. image quality, network link speed, and buffering parameters);
- Load balancing session cookies are used for the duration of the session to identify the same server in the pool in order for the load balancer to redirect user requests appropriately;
- User interface customization persistent cookies are used to store a user’s preference regarding a service across web pages.
I am dedicated to user experience and I use many tools to help me improve my website and my commerce platform. To this end, I use reporting and analytics cookies to collect information about how you use my website and how often. These cookies only gather information for statistical purposes and only use pseudonymous cookie identifiers that do not directly identify you. The performance cookies I use include:
- First party analytics cookies – I use these cookies to estimate the number of unique visitors, to improve my website, and to detect the most searched for words in search engines that lead to a webpage. These cookies are not used to target you with online marketing. I use these cookies to learn how my website is performing and make relevant improvements to improve your browsing experience;
- Third party analytics cookies – I also use Google Analytics and other third-party analytics providers listed below to help measure how users interact with my website content. These cookies “remember” what my users have done on previous pages and how they’ve interacted with the website. For more information on Google Analytics, visit Google’s information page. For instructions on how opt out of Google Analytics, see below.
Advertising cookies are used on my website to tailor marketing to you and your interests and provide you with a more personalized service in the future. These cookies remember that you visited my website. Although these cookies can track your device’s visits to my website and other sites, they typically cannot personally identify you. Without these cookies, the advertisements that you see may be less relevant and interesting to you.
Finally, Social and Content cookies are placed by many social media plugins (for example the Facebook ’like’ button), and other tools meant to provide or improve the content on a website (for example services that allow the playing of video files, or that create comments sections). I integrate these modules into my platform to improve the experience of browsing and interacting with my website. Please note that some of these third party services place cookies that are also used for things like behavioural advertising, analytics, and/or market research.
List of cookies used on my website:
|Name||Function||Expiration date||Other information|
|PHPSESSID, functional cookie||Keeping track of sessions||From the beginning of page loading to the end of the browsing session||Browser settings|
|wfwaf-authcookie||Keeping track of sessions||12 hours||Browser settings|
|wp-settings-1||Tracking users browser settings||1 year||Browser settings|
|wp-settings-time||In which time zone is the user||1 year||Browser time-zone|
|Google Analytics cookie||Collecting information about how visitors use the site||1 year||which part of the site they were clicked on, how long each visit / session was|
How to control cookies?
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of my website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as: www.allaboutcookies.org.